Students enrolled in foreign institutions can attend courses at USP provided undergraduate exchange student for a period of one to two semesters, obtaining or conducting research credits are valid for the curriculum of their home university. All activities of the USP are in Portuguese.
The needed documents for foreign applicants for an exchange period at USP are listed below:
1. A letter from the home university nominating the applicant to do a mobility period at ICMC, USP-São Carlos;
2. A recommendation letter written by a professor from the home institution;
3. Registration Form fully filled-in (available here);
4. Official Academic Records delivered by the home institution in Portuguese, Spanish or English;
5. Program of study and list of disciplines the applicant wants to follow at ICMC-USP (a list of disciplines and syllabus can be accessed here);
6. Copy of passport (front data), with explicit expiration date of the document;
7. A file with the applicant´s digitalized photo in "JPG" format and maximum size of 50Kb (e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org);
8. After acceptation at ICMC-USP, other documents will be required. The applicant will receive an email from CRInt-ICMC with details, including instructions on how to apply for an appropriate Brazilian VISA.
9. When arriving in São Carlos you have to turn in a copy of your health insurance to our International Relations Office (CRInt-ICMC).
CRInt-ICMC, USP-São Carlos
Av. Trabalhador São-Carlense 400, C.P. 668, 13560-970 São Carlos SP, Brasil
55 (16) 3373 8120 - email@example.com
Avenida Trabalhador São-carlense, 400 - Centro
CEP: 13566-590 - São Carlos - SP
55 (16) 3373-9700
55 (16) 3373-8888